Cleaning Punch-In Kiosks and Clocks
Follow these steps to physically clean wall-mounted clocks and other employee punch-in, kiosk style devices.
Keeping the terminal's case, lens, and badge reader clean will prevent dirt and grease from obscuring the LCD display and the badge reader.
Do NOT to use the following to clean any devices and fingerprint sensors:
- Paper tissues or towels on the surface, lens or fingerprint sensor.
- Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol on the surface or lens (which may damage the plastic casing of the surface or the lens).
- Any solvents, such as acetone, paint thinners, turpentine, benzene, etc. .
- Scouring pads, steel wool, or abrasives of any kind.
- Spraying cleaner or water directly onto the device.
1. Clean Your Hands: You can use isopropyl alcohol-based gel hand sanitizer before touching the touch pad. As long as your hands are dry, you will not damage it.
You can use gloves when using the touchscreen.
2. Clean the Surface:
- On the clock, press the Menu button and select Clean Touchscreen mode.
- Spray glass cleaner or water onto a soft, lint-free cloth. Do not use paper towels. Do not spray cleaner or water directly on the device.
- Gently wipe the surface of the device, including the lens that covers the display.
- Exit Clean Touchscreen mode.
Use only water or glass cleaner to clean the surface and lens.
3. Clean the Badge Reader:
- Lightly dampen a clean paper towel with water or isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol. Do not use a cloth. Do not spray water or alcohol directly on the reader.
- Wrap the dampened paper towel around an inactive badge and swipe the badge through the reader three to five times.
- Then wrap a dry paper towel around the badge and swipe it through the reader three to five times.
Use only water or isopropyl alcohol to clean the bar code or magnetic badge reader.
4. Clean the Fingerprint Scanner:
We recommend cleaning the sensor after 1000 uses. Dust\debris can lower performance.
- In order to eliminate organic marks, we suggest a weekly cleaning using a soft material, such as microfiber, moistened with diluted dishwashing liquid.
- Allow to dry and wait a few minutes before starting up the terminal up again.
For information on how to prevent the spread of communicable diseases in the workplace, visit the website of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention